Soft Egg may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27th March 2014.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information when you ask for an IT healthcheck or subscribe to any of our services:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With This Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically contact or send you emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive with your implied consent. Cookies allow web applications to remember you and personalise your experience. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Google Analytics & Conversion Tracking
We use traffic log cookies from Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used and is an essential part of monitoring and improving our electronic communications. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this non-identifiable aggregated traffic information for statistical analysis purposes.
We also use conversion tracking to understand customer behaviour.
This site uses essential session cookies for the operation of the website.
Google Adwords Cookies
If we embed YouTube videos in the site, watching the video will set a cookie on your computer.
We may also use embedded applications such as Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin. These third parties may set cookies to remember your preferences.
How to Disable Cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you disable cookies, your experience of some parts of the website may be affected.
Links to Other Websites
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Cedar House Eastheath Avenue Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2PR, UK
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.